I have been wanting to do a Tips Blog for a while, but was lacking enough material to do one. I love hearing ideas on how to keep things organized or make cleaning easier. So PLEASE give me LOTS of feed back!
1. Those blue dryer balls advertised on TV really do work! I still use a dryer sheets with towels, but it shaved 20 minutes off the time to dry my husbands jeans!
2. Like to moisterize with baby oil post-shower-pre-towel, but hate smelling like a baby? Make your own. Get an oil version of your favorite scent (I found my Victoria' Secret scent on E-bay for $.99 with $1 shipping) and add as many drops as it takes til you like it to a cheap bottle of mineral oil ($.79 at Wegman's). It's a bit thicker than baby oil, but that's a good thing and I smell great!
3. To help keep all your matching sheets together, fold both sheet and one pillowcase and put them inside the other pillowcase. Then everything is very neat and all in one place! ( if your sheets don't match, who cares!)
4.Left over coffee in the pot? Add water and pour it on plants. They love the extra minerals!
5.I haven't tried this but I plan to do so this summer. Place a dryer sheet in your pocket to keep the mosquitoes away!
6.Baby/bridal showers - buy thank you cards in advance. Give the envelopes to each guest and have them fill out their address. These can then be used to give out door prizes as well - no will get missed!
7. I haven't tried this one either, but it sounds interesting. Take a small bottle of baby powder to the beach. When you are ready to leave sprinkle it on to take the sand off.
8. Put a mini marshmellow at the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent the ice cream from leaking.
9. A small bowl of vinegar absorbs cooking odors, like bacon or liver with onions!
10. Those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are totally awesome! Cleans everything from crayon on the wall to dirt on sneakers!
Hope this helps and I look forward to more tips!