Monday, December 17, 2007
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Friday, November 09, 2007
It has been a while since been here! So long, I forgot how to log on! My lame excuses are : I've had nothing to say and little time to say it because I've been too busy playing in WEBKINZ! In fact I feel right now like I'm wasting precious Cash Cow time! However, I felt a need to do something more adult like this morning so...
Things I am Thankful for as the Season of Thankfulness approaches:
1. I have 2 healthy, sweet, smart boys who get spoiled with prizes when Mommy returns from Parent Teacher Conferences with great report cards and glowing reports!
2. That today is a clear day. Where none of the fog of worries, stresses and annoyances block my view of the blessings that fill my life everyday.
3. Having a talented husband who can not only make my living room into a thing of beauty, but can also make a great chocolate chip pancake!
4. Having a dog. Always coming home to a dramatic display of utter joy at your arrival is really nice. Nearly unconditional love is gratifying. (feed me and I will love you!)
5. Surprisingly unobtrusively planning 3 days worth of meals in anticipation of family being here for Turkey Day! Oh the joy of turkey day leftovers!
6. Harvey & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice tea!
7. Finding the type of Xmas gifts that you can't wait to give!
8. Feeling like I've justified enough that I am an adult and can now go play on WEBKINZ!
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
1 Where is your cell phone? purse
2 Relationship? happy, good 10 years & counting
3 Your hair? fizzy due to humity
4 Work? don't get me started!
5 Your sister? german and fabulous!
6 Your favorite things? 1 asleep on couch 2 at VBS
7 Your dream last night? boring
8 Your favorite drink? today, ice water
9 Your dream car? Carmen Ghia
10 The room you're in? soon to be Book Nook
11 Your shoes? barefoot - ditto
12 Your fears? I have the upper hand today
3 What do you want to be in 10 years? watching my son graduate from High School - WOW!
14 Who did you hang out with this weekend? family
15 What are you not good at? so many things, listening
16 Muffins? cranberry-orange - ditto
17 Wish-list item? enough income to not have to worry, but not so much to add worries
18 Where you grew up? East Aurora
19 The last thing you did? burned grilled cheese sandwiches
20 What are you wearing? tank top and skirt
21 What are you not wearing? winter coat!
22 Your pet? asleep under the fan
23 Your computer? just right
24 Your life? good, very good
25 Your mood? happy despite the humidity
26 Missing? lake Erie
27 What are you thinking about? a cold swim
28 Your car? just right
29 Your kitchen? extra clean due to manual scrubbing yesterday
30 Your summer? BUSY!
31 Your favorite color? blue
32 Last time you laughed? a few hours ago
33 Last time you cried? a few hours ago
34 School? far enough away, yet not soon enough
35 Love? Everyday
36 Tag? three
I am taking gingersnapspice, navilyn, and epiphanyalone, just because I'd like to read their answers!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Monday, June 04, 2007
Friday, June 01, 2007
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly,Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here let's dance!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
I've stolen yet another meme from Dad.
1. Introduce yourself…
Hi, I'm Fraukow.
2. It’s Wednesday at noon, where are you usually?
Killing time blogging before meeting a friend for a mexican lunch!
3. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
All free and clear. Me too - just cuz there is SO much perfume in everything we use!
4. What brand of shampoo is in your shower right now?
Sauve Healthy Curls, my hair likes it, and I try not to argue with my hair. It's got attittude!
5. Did you ever get into a bar and drink before you were 21?
Yes. But never really got into the whole bar scence.
6. What countries have you been to?
Canada, Mexico, Germany, Holland,France.
7. Do you watch MTV anymore?
8. What do you think about Oprah?
I think she's overrated.
9. What color are your bed sheets?
red and teal.
10. You need a new pair of jeans: what store do you go to first?
Amvets, then Walmart.I like them cheap.
11. Did you ever watch The O.C.?
12. What kind of car do you drive?
A Pontiac Vibe and LOVE it.
13. Honestly, is that car insured?
Yes, for more than I really wish to pay.
14. Do you like sushi?
never tried it
15. Have you ever been to Tiffany & Co. or Saks 5th Ave?
I've been to both. LOVE Tiffany's
16. Did your parents spoil you growing up?
Not materially, but certainly with a good education. So many parents these days are too busy to care or too guilt ridden from lack of attention paid to be doing their children good.
17. Do you like roller coasters?
I used to love them, but no I find I don't have the stomach for them.
18. What magazine(s) do you buy regularly or subscribe to?
People, Zoo Books, Trains
19. Do you remember the WB show Popular?
20. When you go out do you prefer to go to a dance club or to a bar?
I can't claim to have been to a real dance club. depends on who you're out with which would be more fun.
21. What do you think about gay marriage?
I like Dad's answer, that it should be a non-issue - everyone should have the same rights.
Great Answer - can only add - why is the government objecting to earning more money? They would have to pay for licenses and all that crap. Plus revenue from more lavish weddings would be good for the economy.
22. Who do you think will be the next president?
I hate to say I don't care, but 2 years of presidential running is naueating
23. Are you registered to vote?
24. Do you own an iPod?
I have a MP3 player that I adore, despite the fact it's not an ipod. The boys have idogs.
25. Is your bathroom filled with beauty stuff?
Shampoo, soap, mascara, eyeshadow, deodorant, hairspray, perfume, baby oil. too lazy for anything else
26. What do you normally smell like?
Champange and Strawberries by Victoria Secret
27. Do you like Carrie Underwood?
Never met her
28. Been to “The Vegas”?
Yes, and I got paid to be there. Went when I work for Santo Tours .
29. How far away do you live from your parents?
About 1 hour.
30. Are you happy with your job?
31. Where do you work and what do you do there?
I am a church secretary, and I never know what I'll be up to next when I'm there. I have just started a 2nd job helping a friend with MD do his own stuff, so his mom can do hers. Like that one!
32. What did you get in the mail today?
Hasn't arrived yet, but am expecting some more Netflix movies. Yeah!
33. How do you like your steak cooked?
34. Britney Spears…ready to have a nervous break down or just having fun?
She definately needs help. Getting out of the spotlight would be a good start. Have always wanted to shave my head though, so am a little jealous.
35. What do you usually order at Taco Bell?
We do Mighty Taco here, and I get a bean and cheese burrito with lettuce and sour cream - yum, now I'm hungry !
36. Have you ever sat all the way through Gone With the Wind?
More than once and I own a copy. Plus I read the book - and should again, it was good!
37. Have you ever been to Mt Rushmore?
38. Is it just me, or was The Marine (w/John Cena) a really horrible movie?
I never saw it.
39. Are surveys like the cocaine of myspace?
40. Where is your favorite place (that you have actually been to)?
The Balckman family cottage.
41. What is your favorite candle scent?
Partylite lily of the valley - but it makes my husband sneeze.
42. Do you believe places can really be haunted?
43. Do you smoke cigarettes?
I used to lightly, but completely stopped before I got pregnant and never went back. I do occasionally long for one.
44. Have you ever been to NYC or LA?
NYC yes, LA no.
45. How many states have you been to where all you saw was the airport?
One - Atlanta Georgia.
46. Do you think 50 questions is enough?
47. Are you currently planning a trip?
Today to Batavia. In August to Toronto WOOO HOOO!!!
48. Is Ryan Seacrest gay?
I don't care.
49. Do you take anti-depressants? Sleeping pills?
50. What do you think about space travel?
Not something I would ever do, but certainly interesting to watch!
Monday, May 07, 2007
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
Monday, March 19, 2007
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
The grass is ris'
I wonder where
The birdies is?
Mom repeats that every year, just like her father did, and now I do. Today when I got up at 6am it was 57 degrees outside! The kind of weather you leave your winter coat, long sleeves and even socks at home. The kind of weather that doesn't require preheating your car or a constant cup of hot java to have blood circulating in your finger tips. The kind of weather that makes you turn off the heat, open windows and doors just to bring the fresh air in. The air that smells like wet happy dirt; dirt craving to spring back to life and make the flowers grow! The air that makes the dog go two extra blocks before doing what needs to be done, because she just wants to get more of that mud in her paws! The kind of weather that you have forgotten during the long, pretty, but very cold winter, how very much you needed in order to have energy. The kind of weather bears decide is worth waking up for after months of sleep! Where swans and geese giggle through the skies, worms burrow deeper to avoid being eaten and all types of animals start feeling frisky! If only it wasn't going to be merely 37 degrees tomorrow!
Saturday, March 10, 2007
to accept the things I cannot change
courage to change the things I can
and wisdom to know the difference.
Epiphany Alone brought this up. It is one of my favorites. I have a framed version that hangs in my office at work. Right under the clock. My life is one of luxury and ease compaired to many, and everyday I am grateful for all we have and more grateful for what we don't. Knowing people with much larger troubles who deal with them with grace and ease, makes it easier to do the same. Some days it's hard to be calm and accepting, some days it's too much work to change what needs changing. But all the while, others are striving to change, tired and daunted, but not discouraged. Like those ants who never seem to tire, we watch and gain strength in their example. They may wish their lives were easier and we may wish that for them as well as ourselves. However, I am grateful for the example set before me. "God has a plan." my friend is always saying. I just really wish He gave outlines.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Thursday, February 22, 2007
1. Those blue dryer balls advertised on TV really do work! I still use a dryer sheets with towels, but it shaved 20 minutes off the time to dry my husbands jeans!
2. Like to moisterize with baby oil post-shower-pre-towel, but hate smelling like a baby? Make your own. Get an oil version of your favorite scent (I found my Victoria' Secret scent on E-bay for $.99 with $1 shipping) and add as many drops as it takes til you like it to a cheap bottle of mineral oil ($.79 at Wegman's). It's a bit thicker than baby oil, but that's a good thing and I smell great!
3. To help keep all your matching sheets together, fold both sheet and one pillowcase and put them inside the other pillowcase. Then everything is very neat and all in one place! ( if your sheets don't match, who cares!)
4.Left over coffee in the pot? Add water and pour it on plants. They love the extra minerals!
5.I haven't tried this but I plan to do so this summer. Place a dryer sheet in your pocket to keep the mosquitoes away!
6.Baby/bridal showers - buy thank you cards in advance. Give the envelopes to each guest and have them fill out their address. These can then be used to give out door prizes as well - no will get missed!
7. I haven't tried this one either, but it sounds interesting. Take a small bottle of baby powder to the beach. When you are ready to leave sprinkle it on to take the sand off.
8. Put a mini marshmellow at the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent the ice cream from leaking.
9. A small bowl of vinegar absorbs cooking odors, like bacon or liver with onions!
10. Those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are totally awesome! Cleans everything from crayon on the wall to dirt on sneakers!
Hope this helps and I look forward to more tips!
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Friday, February 09, 2007
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Monday, January 22, 2007
This is a current fave of my 2 boys to keep themselves amused during any car ride. They take turns telling the story and changing the phrase to things like "So did the big fat balloon." or "So did the big fat dog." Each time it ends with the storytellers balloon popping and therefore "So does the big fat whatever." This brings gales of laughter and shouts of "My turn, my turn!" All the while in the front seat I'm wondering why the lady has to be big and fat. Is it really necessary to use those words? Couldn't she be the silly happy lady or the goofy gabby lady or anything that was more P.C. lady? Ugh! I get where being politically correct really has helped a society lacking in basic manners behave better, but I am beginning to see where it is taking over every little thing. This is a silly harmless kids game that is only being heard by my husband and myself (and, well, now all of you), so what's the problem? I have yet to say anything to my children about using others words - they are just having fun - but should I really feel the need?
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Friday, January 12, 2007
"No, they shouldn't have done that. Some people think that black people shouldn't be allowed to do what white people do. And Dr King was trying to change that. That's why they shot him. It wasn't very smart, was it?"
"No! Are black people still not allowed to do things?"
"No, Dr King changed that. ALL people are allowed to all things. Black people, women, all people, just the way it should be."
"But, they still shouldn't have killed him. It's all so confusing."
"Yes, it really is confusing."
"Can I have 2 cookies?"
"Yes, you may have 2 cookies."
Let's keep them confused, so they always question the reasoning behind bigotry, terrorism and any other acts of violence and evil.