Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Up too early

I am only writing today because most of the household is up too early. My husband was up extra early on a day off, to go pick up his mother, take her to breakfast and then to the hospital where his brother Bob is having a kidney, with a cancerous tumor on it, removed. The dog decided that the moment (5:15am) Joe closed the door, was a good time to get up, need to go out, and be feed. And the moment I was about to open the door to accoplish the first of these tasks (5:30am) was when my son Lucas decided it was time to come downstairs. He doesn't need to be up, however, until 7am to be able to eat breakfast, get dressed, brush his teeth and catch the bus at 7:40. Since he is happily watching Polar Express, the dog is back to sleep and the other son is thankfully still asleep, I thought I'd vent. It is amazing how even though they haven't a clue what's up, the dog and the 6 year old can sense something isn't right and somehow feel the worry that is filling the air. It one of those moments when 7 years of college and a medical degree would help ease the panic of the unknown. Usually, this type of thing doesn't shake me to the core - just a simple surgery, nothing to worry about. But Bob has so much to loose if things go wrong. He kids wouldn't remember him, his wife ... I can't even express how horrible it would be for her. And Joe has already lost one sibling to cancer. It would just be REALLY bad for so many people. Keep them and us in your prayers please.

1 comment:

karen said...

Kids and dogs just know...