Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bollywood


I have to admit to having an obsessive nature. Well, at least when it comes to movies and chocolate. Once I find something I like, I can't stop watching (eating) it! After going to see Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one), I became so obsessed with Johnny Depp that had to watch almost every movie he has made. It drove my husband crazy. My current obsession is Bollywood. The movie Jodhaa Akbar in particular. A lovely epic about an Indian Emperor in the 1550's who marries a princess to form an alliance, and they fall madly in love! The actress is one of my fav's, but the leading man was new to me. I, of course, am now going through all of his movies - which is quite a feat, considering Bollywood movies average 3 hours or more, and I am working 3 jobs (the housework is getting neglected!). I find myself waiting till everyone is out of the house so I can sit alone re- watching the same scenes, sighing and smiling. I even bought the CD, despite not being able to understand the lyrics! Sigh, wish I had someone to share this with.

No comments: